Enter details to get brochure
Overview of M.Sc. Microbiology
Designed to develop both research and practical skills, MSc in Microbiology enhances one's academic knowledge of the latest advances in microbiology and improve employability and career prospects. The MSc Microbiology aims to provide you with an understanding of the general principles of microbiology.
Introduction: The Master's in Microbiology program is a two-year, full-time program. The objective of this Program is to:
- Deliver scientifically updated, streamlined industry and research relevant curriculum.
- Develop the student's analytical, quantitative, presentation, teaching skills
- Help the student identify his/her topic/area/field of research in the first year of the program and deliver targeted learning towards developing his/her knowledge & collection of significant research literature in the chosen field.
- Guide and nurture the skills of scientific writing, research methodologies & its relevance.
The two-year full time program will comprise of 4 semesters (approximately 6 months each semester). These semester will consist of various curricular, extracurricular, co-curricular & social awareness activities. The curricular activities have been divided into classroom-based courses and field/research based projects subject to evaluation. In two years, students learn 12 Specialized Courses in Microbiology, one short term Dissertation/ Industry internship Project for a duration of 6 months in the 4th Semester, with many short term projects & training programs, hands-on workshops with duration for a few days throughout the course. The students will be encourage to present their dissertation work/ research work at conferences at various levels and will be guided to writing research articles & reviews.
Students undergo 15-30 days summer training after 2 semester and 3 month rigorous internship in 4th semester. Students attend workshops and go on industrial visits and present paper in national and international conferences.
A microbiologist has lots of research opportunities in urban disease control, formulation research, clinical research, analytical development and new drug development are exploding too, with major companies investing in R&D. One can always teach, though it’s advantageous to have a doctorate for such a path. Self-employed microbiologists can set up their own laboratories. Those who complete a Ph.D. and/or Post-Doctoral studies after getting scholarships through GRE or TOEFL may find microbiology jobs at foreign universities or Research and Development (R&D) wings of major pharmaceutical companies.
Admission Process and Eligibility
1. Online Process for Admission
Do succesfull registration you will get Unique registration Number
Attached required document
Pay online application fee 1000/-
Print application form for future reference
2. Offline Process for Admission
Candidate may also collect application form from university admission cell
Admission cell location are:
- ITM University, Atal Nagar-Nava Raipur, Uparwara, Chhattisgarh 493661
- ITM University’s City Office located at Raipur, Bhilai and Bilaspur.
The applicant must fill the application form correctly with all requisite information.
Attached required documents & Pay online application fee 1000/-
Candidates who is 10+2 passed, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.