What is B.Tech in Computer Science course?
B tech cse deals with the study of computers and advanced software which are essential in today’s digital arena. B tech cse is an undergraduate course within the engineering domain. Students pursuing B tech cse in graduation also study, analyze and make designs to solve problems, create programs and innovate solutions for firms and organizations. This course comprises theory and practical work which every candidate needs to go through if opting for this course. It is the best program in IT domains. B tech cse is a 4 year undergraduate course offering specialization in computer programming languages and computer system technologies. The Course is designed to offer requisite skills to the candidates in the various areas of computer application, research, and development and computer programming.
B tech cse includes subjects like Computer Architecture, Networking, Algorithms, Databases, Distributed Computing and Computational Intelligence. One of the principal objectives of the course is to produce trained human resource capable of supporting research and development activities in critical areas such as automated, secured, monitoring and surveillance systems, medical diagnostics, intelligent monitoring systems.
Difference in B tech cse vs Computer Science & Engineering
There are a few differences between “Computer Science” and “Computer Science & Engineering”, while they do have similarities as well.
- B tech cse mainly focuses on solving issues on a software level, it also includes learning different programming languages, and how to work with operating systems, and how to maintain databases. It includes virtual aspects of computers, which also focuses on software. B tech cse is a field that is closely associated with mathematics and applies theoretical ideas to solve real-world problems.
- Computer Science and Engineering mainly focuses on solving problems and designing hardware and software interfaces. It focuses on hardware and software altogether, rather than just software. Computer Science and Engineering is a field that includes physics, electrical engineering, and computer science and many other aspects.
Eligibility Criteria for B tech cse
- Those candidates who wish to appear for JEE Main exam must meet the JEE Main eligibility criteria.
- Candidates who meet the JEE Main eligibility criteria can fill up the application form.
- Candidates who wish to choose their career in the field of computer engineering need to appear for this exam.
- The basic eligibility criteria for admission in B tech cse to these courses is a pass in 10+2 or equivalent exam with 45 per cent marks in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry, Computer Science/ Biology combined.
Admission Process for B tech cse
The admission process for B tech cse is based on the entrance examination.
- Candidates will have to enter their name, mobile no. and email id then they will generate a password and the state, city and course program also has to be filled in the application form.
- The registered email address has to be verified.
- Personal contact details, address, academic details, uploading photograph
- Documents required for the application form (10th & 12th mark sheet, birth certificate, nationality certificate-Id).
- The application fee has to be paid by the candidate.
Top Entrance Exams B tech cse
Mentioned below are some of the top exams which engineering aspirants should consider appearing to get admission for B tech cse .
JEE Main: This is a national engineering entrance exam for students interested in pursuing a career in the field of computer engineering. Students who are taking or have completed Class 12 in the science stream are eligible to take this exam. NTA administers this engineering entrance exam (National Test Agency). This is the first phase of the JEE entrance exam (Joint Entrance Examination). Eligible applicants can take the second phase of the JEE after passing this exam.
JEE Advanced: The JEE Advanced exam is the second stage of the JEE examination (Joint Entrance Examination). This exam is often regarded as a stepping stone to the IITs (Indian Institute of Technology). The exam conducting body then releases a merit list/cut-off list based on the numbers earned by the candidates in JEE Main. On the basis of this merit list, candidates are regarded eligible.
The B tech cse course is designed to equip students with the knowledge of computer architecture, software engineering, processor designs and computer networks along with the skills of programming and machine learning to expand their technological horizons.
The B tech cse syllabus also imparts knowledge about specialized areas of study such as artificial intelligence, the internet of things, algorithm analysis, and digital logic to prepare them for coming-of-age technological needs as well as provides an opportunity for practical learning through Practice School.
The Practice School program - B tech cse bridges the gap between classroom learning and the professional world by way of structured mentoring supervised by renowned industry professionals. It helps the students to explore career opportunities and make a rational decision about their career advancement based on real-time working experience from top electronics and communication technology companies around the world.
The CSE course encourages the all-around development of students by teaching them about designs, implementation, and management of computer systems. Particular emphasis is laid on the study of humanities along with the development of communication and presentation skills so that the students not only possess sound technical knowledge and skills but also develop into socially responsible citizens.
B tech cse: Subjects Offered
Majority of subjects offered in a B tech cse are skill oriented, imparting students with the foundational knowledge of various aspects of computer science over its 4-year term. It starts with acquainting students with basic engineering concepts, developing into more specialised subjects like Machine Learning and Mobile Computing. Though the actual course offerings vary as per the course and university, here is a list of some common subjects taught in B tech cse course:
Introduction to Programming
Foundation of Computer Science
Database Management Systems
Object Oriented Programming
Data Structure and Algorithm
Computer Organisation and Architecture
Microprocessor and Microcontroller
Software Testing and Quality Assurance
Algorithm Design and Analysis
This is a primary subject of computer programming covered under b tech cse. B tech cse helps make software and programmes easier to manage and use for the programmer. Computer languages like C++ are mainly used for Object-Oriented Programming.
Database Management Systems
B tech cse helps the student in the executives and updating an information base. B tech cse has down to earth applications in workplaces like Schools, Colleges, and Hospitals where individual data is recorded.
Artificial reasoning is one of the quickest developing specializations of b tech cse. It helps the frameworks distinguish and decipher crude information in light of set calculations according to verifiable information. It further establishes the groundwork for AI and profound learning.
Web Engineering manages to create sites, their administration, sending and support. It coordinates existing information servers with data sets and client applications. This gives the web its current structure, with all its data and point of interaction.
Data Security works with safeguarding the current information on the web, widely attempting to save it from abuse, double-dealing, interruption and burglary. This is the foundation of information on the board, saving individual information, paid administrations and other data on the web.